Thursday, May 26, 2011

Greek Pork Chops

Does anyone even follow this anymore? :( Well, if you do, I have a winner. My mom used to make these and I completely forgot about them until recently. Made them for dinner last night and they were incredible!

- 2 butterfly pork chops
- 3 or so tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper to season the flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3/4 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- feta cheese crumbles

Stir together the flour, salt and pepper and dredge the porkchops making sure to fully coat both sides.

cook pork chops in 2 tablespoons olive oil over med-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes each side. remove from pan.

add the last tablespoon of oil to the pan, add garlic and saute until tender. Add chicken broth, whipping cream and lemon juice to pan. season with extra pepper if desired. Cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by half. I like to add some of the feta here, too.. to thicken it up a bit.

Add the dried oregano and pork chops to the pan and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until chops are cooked through. Pour sauce over chops and top with more feta to serve.


We made these with roasted red potatoes (super simple!)

- 4 small red potatoes, cubed (was enough for 2 people)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- about 1/3 packet of dry ranch seasoning

place all ingredients in a plastic bag and shake to coat potatoes well. place on a baking sheet and bake in 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until they start to brown on the bottom. Reduce heat to 275, flip potatoes, and continue to cook until soft.

2 comments:

  1. I still follow! I'm on a cooking hiatus but should resume soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still follow as well and thanks for posting. I feel like I have been on a cooking hiatus as well. : ( At least any fun cooking. Most of our cooking has centered around veggies and low fat foods. Once we can get out and use the grill (it is still cold here) I think we will step up the recipes. We are still here!

    ReplyDelete