Well, with the Superbowl just around the corner (and since most of us have husbands who are Bears fans, we will DEFINITELY be watching, assuming they beat the Packers!!), I thought I'd share a few of my favorite "go to" party dips. These are all great for random snacking throughout the day, and for the most part are 5 or less ingredients. BONUS! :) Enjoy!
Pickle Wrap Dip -my father in law requests this every time we go over there for a game! Everyone loves pickle wraps, but as far as I can tell no one likes the time and effort it takes to make them. Solution:
- 2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 4 pkgs Carl Budding Corned Beef
- 1 jar refrigerated pickle spears -I like Claussen best
-You'll want a pretty decent sized bowl for this. Find one, and put the cream cheese in it. Stir this around a bit to get it out of its square shape so its creamy.
-Next, chop up the 4 pkgs of corned beef (I usually cut them no larger than 1x1 inch square pieces) and throw this into the bowl.
-Finally, grab your pickles. Its up to you how many to use, but I typically use nearly the full jar. I place the spears on my cutting board so one of the flat sides is down, then cut out the seeds and squishy part of the center of the pickle. This is also optional, but I don't like the slimy parts. Once your spears are "gutted" chop them up into bite sized pieces and throw them into the bowl, too.
- In order to be able to mix well, I usually pour 1/4 to 1/2 of the pickle juice (strained) in as well. This adds more pickle flavor and makes it more dip like.
-Chill until ready to eat. Serve with your favorite cracker (good with Ritz!)
Buffalo Chicken Dip - this has always been a favorite of mine! you can bake it as indicated in the recipe, or just keep it in your crockpot on a low temp.
- 2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- about a cup of cooked or rotisserie chicken, shredded or in pieces
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup red hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- beat together the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and red hot sauce
- fold in chicken
- pour into an oven safe casserole or pie dish
- bake at 350* for 15 minutes (or put in your crockpot)
- add shredded cheese to the top and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. if preparing in crock pot, I'd probably hold off on this until your dip is warm.
- serve with Fritos or tortilla chips
Beer Pretzel Dip - three of my favorite words, combined! :)
- 2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip (yes, you have to use this to achieve the right flavor)
- 1/4 cup beer (drink the rest!)
- 1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- combine all of the above ingredients and chill for at least 2 hours, but longer to combine flavors. serve with pretzels.
Chili Cheese Dip - the best thing my mom ever made when we were kids. who knew it was SOOO simple?!
- 1 pkg velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 can Hormel Chili (no beans)
- use these as much as you want to double or triple your recipe
- throw it in your crockpot and mix occasionally until combined. Once all melted together, turn your crockpot to "low" or "warm". Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is my favorite! My recipe is pretty much the same, but I use Blue Cheese. I cannot wait to try the others - thank you for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteAbby - I used to make it with Blue Cheese, too, but Brad despises it and would eat a bowl of Ranch with spoon like soup if given the opportunity, so I've adjusted it to his tastes and is still pretty good. :)
ReplyDeleteSince you're on a cream cheese kick (me too, btw) - convert your chili cheese dip. Spread softened cream cheese on bottom of glass brownie pan, add Hormel on top, sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Microwave. Enjoy. Shelby likes to make this, I like to eat this.
ReplyDeleteOur Buffalo Chicken Dip is the same as yours ;)
ReplyDeleteWe're trying out Jenny's fried pickles today... if it goes well I'll repost it!
I am glad to know this works with Ranch as well. I have a few people that did not care for the Blue Cheese. I could make one of each next season.
ReplyDelete