Monday, November 29, 2010
From Maddie..
Wow Abby your menu sounds awesome! I more or less have an idea at the beginning of the week for what we will be eating however, since I just got back from Iowa yesterday and it is the week before the last week of school, I have no idea. Evan and I will most likely be eating whatever we can around the house (most likely spaghetti and grilled cheese and tomato soup) and eating out. I will have to find time in my busy schedule to run to the grocery at some point and when I do I might just have to make one or two of those recipes so let me know how they turn out :) I hope that as things start to cool down again I will be able to contribute some of my favorite recipes! Looking forward to seeing what everyone loves to cook!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cooking in college is hard! I used to freeze things and use the crock pot quite a bit. Spaghetti was always the go to though. Try making your own sauce - saute some onion and garlic in olive oil, you could add crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of spice, when just caramelized add a little wine (once around the pan) or red wine vinegar (1T) and let cook off a bit, then add a can of crushed tomatoes (Hunt's brand is best), then you could be done or you could add cream (once around the pan) to make it even more fun. You could also have cooked some italian sausage back when you did the onion. I make this sauce in about 6 minutes or less while the pasta is cooking. Way better for you than the jar. : )
ReplyDeleteOh, I forgot sugar...add 1T or 2 of normal sugar when you add the tomatoes and salt and pepper of course.
ReplyDelete