Saturday, February 19, 2011

Simple Pasta

I was in the mood for something on the healthy side, that uses fresh veggies and just a light sauce so I came up with this pasta recipe and it turned out great!

1 can diced tomatoes
1 pkg sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1/2 an onion, sliced
EVOO
1/2 box Whole Wheat Rotini pasta

I sauteed up the onion and mushrooms in the EVOO. During the last few minutes of cooking I added in the garlic and let that cook for a few minutes. Then I added the whole can of tomatoes and let it all simmer together for a little while and then added in the cooked pasta and stirred. It took less than 15 minutes to make and it was really tasty. I added some grated parmesan to the top :) I think this would be good with all kinds of veggies, these are just the ones I had available for tonight. I hope cooking is treating you well and I look forward to hearing more recipes from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment