One of Maddie's favourites is steak! It made me want to share this recipe with you. This turns a steak into something divine!!! This is a spice rub recipe that I discovered in Las Vegas with my Grandma Nowak. We have used it ever since.
Mix these ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons salt - you really should use this much to draw out moisture, it won't make it salty, but you can cut it in half if you are very sodium intolerant - I use it all.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pulverized crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons pimenton (Smoked Spanish Paprika) (I just use whatever Paprika I have in the pantry)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
I usually apply this to 4 New York strips, but you can use whatever cut of meat you would like.
Distribute and rub into the 4 steaks. Wrap very very well with Saran Wrap. I usually go around them each way twice and keep them in the fridge for 24-ish hours. Do not use this recipe and then cook soon after. This is meant to sit and "age" your steaks in the fridge.
That is it...grill and eat. This makes them so delectable that you will not need any herb butter or steak sauce...promise!!!
We are also making Lasagna, the Pesto Chicken Pot Pie and I am going to try to recreate a Mostacolli I had recently! : )
Happy Eating!
No comments:
Post a Comment