Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Does everyone want to share a Holiday Treat recipe???

Does everyone have a specific cookie, bar, cake, candy or another tasty treat that says Christmas to them?  My sister and I are going to have a day of baking and we were looking for a few new recipes.  We were thinking about trying this one or another truffle recipe (we have not decided quite yet).  
Has anyone ever had these?


Oreo Truffles

Ingredients
  • 1 package Oreos
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 2 bags chocolate chips (semi-sweet or white or both)
  • ~2 Tbsp vegetable shortening (I am thinking we will use cream or high quality butter)
Directions
  1. Add Oreos and cream cheese to food processor. Pulse 2-3 minutes until sticky and shiny.
  2. Refrigerate for 1 hour to harden.
  3. Roll into ~1-inch balls.
  4. Melt chocolate chips over double boiler, stirring constantly until smooth. Add vegetable shortening if chocolate is too thick (2 Tbsp of shortening  / 12 oz of chips).
  5. Coat Oreo balls in chocolate, place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and refrigerate until ready to serve. (For additional decoration, drizzle white chocolate over top.)

3 comments:

  1. Nothing says Christmas for me (and probably Stef) like a big batch of Lebkuchen. It's a German Christmas cookie and well, it's not a typical cookie. I have no idea how to make it, except that it has diced citron in it. But YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut Butter Balls... aka... Buckeye Balls. Fabulous. Made some for our cookie exchange at Ally's house last night. They are delicious. I'll post the recipe later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I have had the oreo balls and they are delicious! If you haven't already made them, do. They will be a hit!

    I've posted 2 recipes, peppermint bark and spiced chai eggnog cookies. Enjoy and Merry Christmas everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete