I hate Applebees. Every time I get duped into going there I leave with a stomach ache and a new story about bad service. When I am forced to go there I get one dish - Fiesta Lime Chicken. The Chicken is always poor quality, the cheese is overly greasy, the rice is flavorless and dead...but you realize all of that on the 10th bite, the 1st bite is always heaven for me.
So, I decided to try to recreate what I imagine the dish to be and I must say I really enjoyed it as our dinner tonight!
Fiesta Lime Chicken from my kitchen
1 Chicken Breast per person - I prepared 3 in order to have leftovers and because that is how many came in the package
1 bottle Lawry's Baja Chipotle Marinade - because I wanted a 30 minute marinade (1/4 btl reserved)
Monterey Jack Cheese
3/4 C Ken's Ranch Dressing
1/2 t Cumin
1/4 t Garlic Powder
1 Lime
Spanish Rice - either from a box of homemade
I marinaded the Chicken in the Lawry's for 30 minutes.
To make the sauce mix the Ranch Dressing, Cumin, Garlic Powder, 1/4 to 1/2 of the lime juiced (depending on how much you like lime) and 1/4 C of the unused Lawry's marinade. Whisk together.
After the chicken was done in the marinade I put it in a pan with a little EVOO to sear on both sides. After it was browned a bit I put it into an oven-safe dish and cooked it at 400 degrees until it was cooked through (about 12 minutes for my Chicken). I then spooned the dressing mixture over the top in equal portions, topped with shredded cheese and put it under the broiler. Leave it in the oven just until the cheese melts and not a second longer or the dressing will start to run.
Evan ate the dressing off his finger intermittently until the chicken was done. Once it was done I put a helping of Spanish Rice on the plate and then put the Chicken Breast half on top.
A bit indulgent, but yummy!
I feel your pain. It seems people always suggest to go to Crapplebee's for a get together meal. UGH.
ReplyDelete