Sunday, January 23, 2011
Help!!
Every time school starts again, I try and think of new lunches that I can make so that I do not have to buy my lunch everyday. It is complicated because I do not have a fridge or microwave so whatever I bring needs to be ok just staying in my backpack for the whole morning until lunch. I tried to choke down another sandwich today and simply just could not do it! I have tried making new kinds of sandwiches, thinking that would make it better- chicken salad, egg salad, BLT w/avocado- but, anything that goes in between two pieces of bread and is cold I think I am done with. Does anyone have any lunch ideas for me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a hard one. If you bought an insulated lunch box and a freezer thing to keep it cold you could try some of those pasta salads or that rice salad that I posted. I used to like to bring things that I could spread on crackers. Like to change it up spread tuna salad on Triscuts instead of bread. I am with you I cannot eat cold sandwiches often. Let me know if the lunch box and cold pack sounds like an option and I will post a few more recipes. xox
ReplyDeletei realize you posted this quite some time ago.. but i made some wraps for myself to bring to lunch today and remembered your plea for anything but a sandwich. like abby said, if you have an insulated lunch box, that will definitely expand your options.
ReplyDeletefor instance today, i made simple tortilla wraps... i do have a microwave, so i heat them up for a minute, but they would be good cold, too.
on a tortilla, spread out 2 or 3 pieces of deli turkey (i have the cracked black pepper kind and its awesome!). next, sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese, then a few dollops of salsa, roll up and secure with a toothpick. wrap them up in some foil and you are good to go!
you could try wraps with a bunch of different ingredients to mix up the ole boring bread lunch. try getting different flavored cream cheeses (garden herb, etc) and spreading a layer of that before adding your meats, cheeses, and veggies. might be a nice alternative and will stay cold in a lunch box with a coolpak.